Saturday, June 28, 2008

Past Life Regression

The other night I happened to be up to catch a very interesting episode of Oprah. It featured a bunch of people who had unexplainable fears and one man with an interesting way of curing them.

Jodi was so afraid of dolls that when she came to pick up her child from preschool and she found her holding a doll, she almost had a breakdown realizing that "My heart went to my stomach and tears welled up in my eyes and I started to shake," she says. "I thought, there's my baby, she's got this doll, and I can't pick her up.''

I watched as Dr. Weiss put Jodi in a state of hypnosis. She recounted a past life in which she was driving with her babies in the backseat of her car and was in a crash. Apparently she died and the feeling from the separation from her children was rehashed through the dolls. After the regression though, her fear was gone.

Dr. Weiss says his session with Jodi was a long and intense one. "It was very emotional, but that's where the healing often comes from: from the catharsis, from the emotion, from remembering," he says. "And this was really important for her to go through."

This episode really made me a believer, as there was another woman who recounted some factual information from a past life in India. She, never studying the Hindi language began speaking it while under hypnosis. She recalled a city she was traveling to and the way the market looked. Oprah's crew decided to have experts research the name of the city and travel there, and lo and behold, on an ancient map in small print the old city existed. They flew the woman there and on the plane ride over she drew some pictures from her memory of the market. When she pulled out her picture, while standing in the identical real life market, I couldn't believe anything other than this being true.

I have become very interested in studying past life regression a little more. I have even been on
Brian L. Weiss, M.D.'s website to see possible events I may attend. I would love to be regressed to see where I've been before. If anyone has any stories to tell, feel free to leave me a comment and I'll post them up as soon as I can.

Here is his website: www.brianweiss.com

0 comments: