Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rave Fave: Preventative Serum

Happy Sunday, beauty lovers! The weather in NJ has been perfect for spending time outside with family and friends. On days like these, you should always remember to keep your skin safe from the sun. A little bit of exposure can help to convert Vitamin D, but more than five to fifteen minutes of unprotected rays can have a harmful effect on your body's outer layer. I'm sure you've been told how important sunscreen is, but did you know how helpful serums can be? Not many people know the benefits of using a preventative serum on the skin. Keep reading to find out more...



When I worked in a busy salon and day spa, one of the best-selling products was an antioxidant serum called "CE Ferulic" created by SkinCeuticals. At the time, I was still baking myself at the beach without much regard for my skin or my health. I tried the product here and there but never truly integrated it into my regimen. Now, almost in my mid-twenties, I've learned how important it is to take care of your face, neck, hands, and every other body part that can suffer the harmful effects of too much sun exposure. I've finally added this treatment into my regular regimen to help counter the effects of sun damage, and I've gotten nothing but compliments ever since.

According to The SkinCeuticals website, their CE Ferulic serum is "a revolutionary antioxidant combination that delivers advanced protection against photoaging - neutralizing free radicals, helping build collagen, and providing unmatched antioxidant protection. More protection means more youthful looking skin and better defense against environmental aging." This product contains 15% pure L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and 1% alpha tocopherol (vitamin E.) Along with these helpful ingredients is ferulic acid which helps to double the benefits of the formula.

This product helps to:
  • provide anti-aging benefits
  • neutralize free radical damage
  • protect against environmental stress
  • fight against premature aging, loss of skin elasticity, and hyperpigmentation
  • work along with sunscreens, as it cannot be washed or rubbed off


In the morning I cleanse, tone, and apply four drops to my dry face, neck and chest. I wait about three minutes before following up with SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel, moisturizer, and sunscreen.

For more of my Rave Faves.

Was this information helpful? Leave a comment or click on one of the tabs below.

1 comments:

Theresa said...

So informative!!It sounds like something to look into. Thanks for
letting us know about it.