Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Day Off


I just woke up from a food induced slumber at 5 p.m. I love Brooklyn. There's this little Uzbek restaurant that has the best food. After stuffing myself with two large lamb dumplings (manti), one meat filled pastry (samsa), and a bowl of the best vegetable lamb soup ever (lagman), I'm not sure I can operate a vehicle safely, and I have an appointment at 7 p.m.

If you see a wild woman steering her car with her stomach that would be me. Wave hello, but don't distract me too much or I'll probably flip you off!



Tomorrow I'm back to work. The office manager is on a staycation this week, so I'm covering for her. She works a hell of a lot of hours! I'm sure I'll need more food and more midday naps before Friday afternoon. The time's coming for me to start saying my goodbyes to the patients and my coworkers of two years. A few of the ladies got teary eyed when I told them it was the last time I'd see them, and one of the men, who needed to be in our office so badly, said that if I hadn't been the one he talked to initially on the phone he never would have made the schlep all the way from Staten Island to get care. He's doing so much better now.


I have a feeling my exit is going to be a wet one. I'm going to miss everyone a lot, but it's all good. I did my part there, so I can't complain too much. And if it gets too depressing Brooklyn's only twenty minutes away and the service is fast. Ahh sleep!

0 comments: