Friday, June 20, 2008

Startled by a Cock

This morning I snuck out of a late night sleepover with my guy and decided to take the scenic route home. It was 6:30 am, a time I rarely get to see in the day. As I mowsied on down the almost non-road I heard something very cool outside of my compact space mobile. I raced to lower the Sergio Mendez cd I recently took a gamble on by purchasing at starbucks, and there it was.. a rooster, cockadoodle doo.

I sat at the stopsign racing for the camera in my bag, so I could capture this down with nature moment. The rooster was quite far away, but I adjusted my zoom and set up for a movie hoping to capture his song.

I wasn't expecting speed racer to be trailing me, driving an almost identical version of my space mobile. I managed to get the song I was looking for from the rooster, complete with some bonus footage of a very noisy and not down with nature HONK from the impatient person behind me!



As startling and annoying his driving and road rage was, I recognized myself in his attitude. At times, I feel like I too am racing through life and its beauty. Its like I'm missing out on something sometimes, but not today. As I watched him pass me on the left, down this small one lane road, and speed away till he was merely the size of my pinky nail, I heard a voice inside say, "No, not today. Today we will be taking our time and enjoying life on this day off."

I decided that today is meant to be spent with nature and no stress. I am grateful to be a healthy, young female with lots of opportunity and potential. Here I have been creating this hell for myself about what life path to take, when I should be celebrating the fact that I have so many options. Currently I have decided to become comfortable with uncertainty. I am going to use my intuition and that voice in my head to tell me what is congruent with my purpose. And I am looking at that other car as the old version of myself, speeding away and out of my life!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol funny! i love you and your animal stories..remember the chicken in a box! So, i had an experience that was laced with irony and made me laugh out loud....i was walking in the park just yesterday and i had stopped to literally "smell the roses" and i was attacked by bees and had to run away screaming! when you actually take time to smell the roses you end up getting hurt...life is painful! so funny