Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Save-a-Turkey Day!

I tried to get my mother to save a turkey today by not purchasing one, but she didn't listen. She said that it wouldn't make a difference because the bird was already packaged in the grocery store... and now I will begin my list of things I'm thankful for (in no particular order!)

1. My turkey who gave his life so we could enjoy ourselves on one Thanksgiving 2009!
2. A clean shower to shave in
3. The only 4.5 hour ride from Boston to New York
4. Christmas music
5. A very special gray and white bunny named Bisi
6. Pug, the Anatolian Shepherd
7. Mashed potatoes
8. Whole Foods
9. My mom and the icing in her hair
10. My dad and his undying love for Sarah Palin
11. My man and his love of food and movies
12. My friends and the way they get my dirty sense of humor
13. Black Friday
14. Black eyeshadow
15. Full bellies
16. Books
17. Writing
18. Vacations with my bests
19. Two fat girls named Peshi and Gembo
20. Lobster Rolls
21. School and its ability to learn me something new each day
22. Pip, Oscar, Regis, and Ivan- my plant children
23. Starbucks
24. My cool new friends from Boston
25. My sister/cousin who helps me along the way in life
26. All of the special people that have passed over this year (Uncle Charlie and Ehab)
27. The moon and its universal femininity
28. The fact that this semester is almost over
29. The way all that is right will be
30. Time away

Now think about what you're thankful for, and envision how lucky you truly are to be alive today! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey so i miss u so when you make those 4.5 hour rides to ny (numero tres on your thankful list) make sure to stop by and see me

- rhea..

p.s. i still love ur blog

BIG SVIN said...

STILL NO ZITI ! :(