Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Natural Shampoo Recipe with Baking Soda

Natural Shampoo Recipe--and other hair ideas!

Transitioning to natural hair is easy with this DIY natural shampoo recipe.
Photo Credit: good.is
This weekend I had a blast. I've said that when I die, I’d like my ashes scattered in the aisles of the biggest Whole Foods. Not kidding.

It’s no surprise that I found myself in Whole Foods once again this Saturday in search of some fresh at-home beauty ingredients. As of late, I've decided that going natural with baking soda is my new favorite hobby. Baking soda hair care is easy to do and lots of fun. For my natural shampoo recipe, I like to mix one to two tablespoons of Arm & Hammer baking soda with 


one cup of warm water. For a lovely fragrance, I add a few drops of essential oils and concentrate the mixture on my roots, gently exfoliating the scalp to remove any build-up. 

To make all-natural homemade conditioner, I add two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to one cup of cool water. While this natural hair conditioner does smell like a sub sandwich, the flavorful fragrance fades rather quickly. In addition, Apple Cider Vinegar has a pH very close to conditioner, so, yes, it works.

Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I plan on using these natural hair care recipes to cleanse my strands. Next on my quest for beautiful tresses is homemade hair products like hair powder and hairspray and searching around for some natural hair care blogs. Devoted as I am to long natural hair care, I try my best to make my tresses stay healthy in between trips to the hair salon.

What are some of your favorite natural hair blogs? Do you have a recipe for at-home hair care products you'd like to share?

0 comments: