Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sea and Pineapples

I turned on the television to watch a big fat starfish devour something that looks like the "hash" my dad makes every morning. You might think I'm really into science or lab oceanography or maybe even sea creatures, but you would be wrong.

My newest obsession comes in the form of a sponge who lives in a pineapple under the sea. Yes, Sponge Bob Square Pants! For whatever reason, I love watching this cartoon. The only one I can come up with is that it helps me escape into that childlike state I used to be oh so familiar with only some years ago.

It's a way for me to just stop thinking. As funny as it sounds, when I'm watching anything else, I start drifting. "What do I have to do today? I hope it's a good day. I should go to the bank. I wish (fill in the blank.)" So my new cartoon serves this amazing purpose that I can't find anywhere else in entertainment.

Even when I'm watching the newest reality show and the long awaited fist fight is finally taking place, I start thinking about other things, and I get tired of those shows completely. With Sponge Bob I never have to worry. Every episode is hilarious and that's all I'm really looking for anyway.

0 comments: