Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Own Creation

This is why I fell in love with writing.

I remember clammering down the terracotta colored stairs, in my little girl shoes, mother in tow, to listen to stories being read aloud by the head librarian. If there were animals in the story, great. Ghosts or witches? Even better!

Afterwards I'd go home and draw ladies with huge hoop earrings and bald heads, with long nails like my Aunt Rose's, and even longer evening gowns. I would write stories about them, sometimes only reciting them aloud. My characters were Maybelline and Carvine, two kick ass chicks who always found themselves in the middle of some fairytale place where animals could talk and life revolved around arriving at happily ever after.

Today I find myself surrounded by pets and pretty damn happy. I guess life imitates art sometimes!

0 comments: