Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blossoms in Boston


Amber makes me think of his eyes,
and if there's any chance of me staying in this Jersey shore town,
it'll be because I've decided to rest on his retinas and follow him wherever he goes

like a little girl lost and found. Sometimes I call him daddy
because that's who he is to me. My protector, my king that can do no wrong.
Other times I don't call him enough, and the rolls reverse, but we're good

together. Peanut butter and jelly. He's definitely sweeter, and I'm nuts.
Astrologically we're water and earth. He nourishes me, and I grow
until my roots need replanting. I'm not sure if he's aware, but he's helped me outgrow this pot.

Now I'm bursting toward a Bachelors without looking back. I'm not leaving him behind.
Just stretching my roots and planting my seeds, so when I do relax in that amber reflection
our flowers can spread for miles and thrive.

0 comments: