Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008

This journey has been amazing. It would be definitely impossible to sum up the whole year with one word or even one dragged out sentence, but a part of it all- a theme per se- has been self discovery. This year I trekked it out to Georgia only to realize that I wan't ready for such a huge change or even to become a chiropractor. I learned a lot about family and friends (who would be there for me and who wouldn't.) I got through a college level algebra course which definitely made me proud. By the end of the class, I barely knew what was going on, but I made it through with a great grade. I also got inspired! I've returned to my most natural source which is writing
and now value it not only as a talent but as a passion. Fall semester went by so fast that I miss my usual schedule and writing assignments, but I have plenty to work on in my own time that it's fine by me. I put something out there, and I know that in due time everything will fall into place, and I know that everything happens for a reason. I lost my beloved Romeo- the most human-like fish I'd ever owned. He loved watching me while I sat near. I dealt with quite a bit of pet stuff- going through some intense, heartwrenching moments with my pup. But, he's fine now and knows he's loved a great deal. I've gotten much more involved in spirituality, readings and prayers. And I feel like I'm headed in the right direction! As Stephanie Klein wrote in my book "Follow your Passions." Right now I am most passionate about writing and learning as much as I can. I love the world (though family and pets come first)- and I'm very proud that we chose faith over fear in this year's presidential election. I'm impressed by 2008 and very hopeful for the future. Ooba!

0 comments: